Monday, November 11, 2013

Soft

Faraway land I met a man
fair his hair and gentle his hand
Connected at a glance, something stirs
a little piece of my heart melts and softens in his eyes

unexpected although invited
I shy away from our first meet
fall back into old patterns and hide away
the pessimist in me, overbearing

still he finds a place to rest in my mind
and pace
all day
all night
my breathing is shallow till i see him
seeking him out in the shadows of the night lights

I feel my limbs shake
letting down some of this armour
letting in some of the warm softness

and he comes
those eyes
that smile
his peaceful disposition
I fall
I let myself fall

this is right
we were to meet
this time, this place
and it's just us, alone, tonight.
I breathe him in deep
and don't want to let go

misted memories
longing for more time
knowing we will find each other again

I fell for the culture
I fell for the land
I let myself fall for this beautiful Argentinean man

softly I whisper
"I don't want this to be just a fantasy land"
and leave a piece of my heart with him
connected in rhythm

Mi Amor

No comments: