Monday, October 10, 2011

We never really had it at all




I guess we never really knew
we started and stopped so many times
scratching the walls, losing our minds
those things, we never really had at all


innocent minds & easier times, 
distant memories of a place, i wish i could find.
i search these streets of pale and dark
being alone is not always having a lonely heart

don't look at me like you understand
i never came to you.
I never wanted that life
 you'd so carefully planned

you never offered and you never gave
you just sat me in the corner & told me how to behave

'pull this face
dress yourself like this
that person you once were, well she doesn't exist.'

i'm still... searching for so much more
you know, we never really had it at all

i've come undone and am lost for pins
i guess i could draw them from my back;
all those that you put in.

a thousand knives & a thousand lies
just once
one day
give me those innocent minds & easier times.

No comments: